Dear South Colby Families,
We hope you find the South Colby Parent Student Handbook information packet useful. The packet includes useful information for students and parents alike. A strong parent/school partnership is in the best interest of your child and will offer maximum success when we work together.
South Kitsap School District Rights and Responsibilities Handbook
The purpose of this handbook is to familiarize students and families with their rights and responsibilities in helping maintain a dynamic, responsive, and nurturing learning environment. Each student and staff member will receive this handbook at the beginning of the school year from their school. Please review the contents of this document with your student(s) so they understand their personal rights and responsibilities.
Student Dress Code
To ensure that student dress and grooming does not interfere with the learning environment at South Colby Elementary, we appreciate your support in helping us by following the dress code below:
- Hats, hoods, scarves, bandanas, or sweatbands may not be worn inside the school building.
- Open toed shoes, flip-flops, high heeled, platform, or shoes without a heel or heel strap may not be worn. (This is a safety issue.)
- Shirts with inappropriate messages, i.e. alcohol, tobacco, drugs, violence or sexual in nature are not allowed.
- Bare midriff shirts and blouses are not to be worn.
- Tank tops may be worn under or over another shirt.
- Spaghetti strapped blouses and dresses may be worn under or over a shirt.
- Shorts and skirt length must be no shorter than where the fingertips reach from an extended arm.
- Pants must be worn up around the waist. Saggy pants displaying a low crotch are not allowed.
School will notify parents if a child arrives with inappropriate dress. In some cases parents will be asked to bring appropriate dress to school that day for the child to remain in school.